whats best to use

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Frontier-Lawn, Jun 19, 2005.

1. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

i need to get a spreeder to do some fert/pest on the inlaws lawn. whats best? a drop or a broadcast?

2. nocutting

nocutting LawnSite Senior Member

If your lawns are under 10,000sqft a spyker w/ numatic wheels or run with the big boys and get the stainless steel Lesco,[ just dont lose it on the Highway at 70mph].......... :dizzy: ....Good Luck payup

3. GreenUtah

GreenUtah LawnSite Senior Member
    from SLC, UT

broadcast is the right tool, use a drop to topdress or reseed.

4. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Frontier

I know your not Licensed in L & O and I guess I told you there is no inspector assigned to this area. But if you get caught it is a $ 5,000 Fine. I am Licensed and not that far away from you. You might want to talk with me. I have now retired from everything except some part time pest control. I have one LCO working under my license in the Cape Coral area and I am looking for someone in the Venice area. But I will only do it totally legal. I am not sure you are ready for that.

BTW I have a bunch of specialty Equipment for sale from verticutter and hollow core to Skid Steers. Any in warm season Turf who wants to do renovation should jump on this equipment. I also Have tons of Landscaping Equipment for sale also.

5. Enviro Green

Enviro Green LawnSite Senior Member

need to get a spreeder to do some fert/pest on the inlaws lawn. whats best? a drop or a broadcast?

Is this a real question?

I think if you can't answer this then perhaps you shouldn't do any fert apps. And if you belive me, a drop spread is definetley the best....LOL

Not really!!

EG

6. GreenUtah

GreenUtah LawnSite Senior Member
    from SLC, UT

actually, just reaching into the bag and grabbing handfuls, tossing them into the wind is a great plan, once you get down to 10 pounds or so in the bag, just grab the bottom of it and swing yourself in a circle, this is a gret way to apply! <smirk>...hey, you started it Enviro..and by the way, I actually have seen this technique at work on a 4 acre park! (he didn't get the opportunity to do it twice)