1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

whats better a super surfer or wright stander

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ronslawncare, Mar 22, 2001.

1. ronslawncare

ronslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

few questions here. which one is better surfer or stander.i only have about 30 mowing accounts so far would a walkbehind be better.also this would be my first commercial mower i was gona go with the toro t-bar wb but i saw someone one useing one on a cleanup they can really move .thanx for any info ronnie
  2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

i dont know much about the wright product, but a lot of guys have surfers around here. danes are great if you dont feel like walking. 30 accounts seems like a fair amount of lawns that would make the dane worth it. i think it can fit in most places a wb could. price is cheaper than a sit down rider, but more expensive then a walk behind. i say go for it
  3. guntruck

guntruck LawnSite Senior Member

Dont know about the wright but i can speak from experiance on the surfer, its a very nice piece of equipment. When i first started using the loaner surfer it was a little weird getting used to but once you get comfy on it, well its really nice!!!! That is definetely my next piece!!
  4. ronslawncare

the thing i like about the super surfer is its pretty quick
    and i just started and i definately want more than 30 acounts hopefully i get another 30 this yr or more i have a bunch of one timers and cleanups calls but not that many regulars yet .but i am just thinking in the long run it would definately be better i think more productive.
  5. jimsny

jimsny LawnSite Member

I was between the exmark WB hydro and the super surfer. I test drove both. I had 2 prior exmarks and loved em'. I fell in love with the GD super surfer... all but their lever system. I like how easy thy were from a weight or pressure standpoint but I HATED the control lever being closer to me and in my palm as opposed the the fixed bar. I had a snapper which was the opposite and the fixed handlebar was in your palm and you reached out to the control lever. Simmilar to the pistol grip configuration. I feared getting out of control and then grabbing the very levers that control the machine vs the fixed handle bar.

I test drove both on a hill. The GD super surfer fefused to hold the hill where as the exmark would go top ground speed and still hold the hill with or without the sulkey

I chose the exmark. I still think the supersurfer is a good design... all but those darn handlebars.

"And that's all I have to say about that."
  6. Try this post you will get comments from Jim Velke, the man behind Wright Standers. I likes Standers, I will buy some day.

Be Kind To The People You Meet On The Way Up, Cause They Will Be The Same Ones You Meet On The Way Down.
  7. ronslawncare

ok i read alot of post on this subject .all the post i read were old does any1 own a new super surfer did they correct the problems with the deck cracking .the wright stander sounds nice but theres no dealers close to me.
  8. Stinger

Stinger LawnSite Senior Member

Ron, they sell Standers and Surfers on alamia.com try looking there if you dont have a dealer.