1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Whats doing this?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Mickhippy, Jul 12, 2007.

1. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

As you can see in the pic, theres strange things happening to the lawns here lately. Its mainly Bermuda.
    Its the middle of winter here (Australia) and grubs etc are out of season.

I live in an area thats probably similar to North of Florida or so. We have had some cold nights and even some frosts, but Ive never seen frost damage before!

Anyway, any ideas?

roof 003.jpg

roof 001.jpg

roof 002.jpg
  2. AUHort1990

AUHort1990 LawnSite Member

Bermuda going dormant. It always does that tiger stripe thing as it goes dormant.
  3. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Roger is 100% correct...I remember the first time I ever saw bermuda do this...I was like WTF?
  4. gavin478

gavin478 LawnSite Member

I say you've got crop circles, beware!!

Yeah, It's just the grass going wierdly dormant
  5. Eric D

Eric D LawnSite Senior Member

:dancing: Like from aliens? :dancing:
  6. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

Wow! Ok, Ive been cutting grass for over 10 years around here and I NEVER seen it do that before! Maybe due to going dormant very quickly (like shock treatment). We had some very cold mornings (worst on record or something). From low 20'c to -0'c.
  7. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Same here, I have never seen that, glad the explanation was a normal one.
  8. G.M.Landscaping

G.M.Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Middle of winter...I must be confused . I thought everywhere went thru the same cycle's as us in the U.S. So when is your summertime?
  9. Focal Point Landscapes

Focal Point Landscapes LawnSite Senior Member

I thought you were kidding , but in case you aren't , the northern hemisphere and southern hemisphere are mirror images - when we got summer , they got winter - when we got fall , they got spring .........
  10. Americal Vet

Americal Vet LawnSite Senior Member