Whats Encores Phone number? If you are thinking about Encore Try to contact them

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by caleb_harlan, Mar 17, 2005.

1. caleb_harlan

caleb_harlan LawnSite Member

I just need Encores Business number or a dealer number. (Maybe they would know.) They have changed their website and taken away dealer look-up and contact info. They haven?t returned my email inquiries for days and I need some parts for a used mower I bought.

That is really bad business. What if I wanted to buy a dozen of their mowers? Yea right not now!

They changed their website to a flash site and didn?t even add new content. Just made it harder for us to use and annoy us. Some big businesses do the stupidest things that waste money.

Everybody remember No matter how nice and fancy a website looks, the internet is about CONTENT. Content that delivers solutions for users. That is what it is all about. Then comes the Functional Appearance. Functional is the Key word.

Sorry about the venting, just tired of seeing stupid websites that dont work and etc. And on top of that companies have paid big money for them and seem to act like they have never used them themselves to see if they are effective.

Thanks for any help with the phone number

2. Green King

Green King LawnSite Senior Member

There is a really good Encore dealer in Springfield! I will see him tommorrow and get you Encore phone number!

3. mowingmachine

mowingmachine LawnSite Senior Member

I found your info after waiting forever to get onto Encore's website. Horrible design. I have dial-up and I had to wait for about 2MB of info to download before the website loaded up. You would have to be very interested to want to browse through their website. The phone number and address is as follows:

Encore Power Equipment
    2415 Ashland Ave.
    P.O. Box 888
    Beatrice, NE 68310
    800-267-4255 or 402-228-4255

That info came from the contact page. There is also a full list of dealers in alphabetic order. Hope that helps.

mowingmachine

4. caleb_harlan

caleb_harlan LawnSite Member

Thanks mowing machine. you guys are more helpful than the company itself still nor reply from my inquires. Thanks for finding the dealer list, but what is up with that list. I thought that link area was for dealer only access with them asking for password and etc.
    What good does that list do when I have to look through every dealer to find one close to me? They should a least spend some time going over a website before the use it.

5. sodgod

sodgod LawnSite Member

Yea that sounds about right. I have a 48" walk behind by them. I bough it used and i probly wouldn't buy from them again. Don't get me wrong i love the mower and it hasn't given me any trouble but i understand what you are saying. I looked around town here and the company says that there are two dealers around town. I went to both of them and they were like "what" they didn't have any one display or anything. They just said ya we can get one for you. No books, lit. or anything on them. Not very business like. If i spend 5 grand on a machine i want to know that they are there ready to help if anything happens. All parts for many of the w/b are universal. I just go through lesco if i have any trouble. The one near me is very good about having what i need in stock. Like i said i know whta you mean. interesting isn't it?

6. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I agree, that is a poor website with the Flash. Usually these corporate types will approve a website after seeing it. The only problem is that they are viewing it through the developer's computer which is usually State Of The Art on a T-1 and not through some old 800 mhz on a dialup.

7. old dog

old dog LawnSite Member

The owner bailed out of eXmark years ago due to a dispute.I used to buy their mowers
    until the local dealer bailed and left me high and dry.Had a terrible time getting parts.
    The equipment was OK and for years the support has stunk.I eventually had their
    distributor,Stull Equipment,investigated by the Better Business Bureau and gave up on their product.The best thing I liked about the equipment was the 36" deck design.
    It trims around things real well with offset wheels.Spindles they use are junk!