What's everybody wearing?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by green-pa, Jun 6, 2007.

1. green-pa

green-pa LawnSite Senior Member

I have only 2 shirts with my co name on them and when they're dirty and my gf hasn't washed them I am forced to use something else. I usually wear a green or neutral colored T, muscle shirt, or tank top, but do u think it matters that much on small residential proporties? I see some guys looking really ragid and smoking and stuff while they work, I don't do that and always try to look clean-cut. However I find myself wearing a white tank top today that says "palm springs" on it in little letters on front and big on the back. Is this a big deal? I'm sure it's better to ALWAYS wear co name on shirts, but?

2. Your Lawn First

Your Lawn First LawnSite Member

Green-pa,

I have a least 10 company shirts and 5 hats, Im a one man crew and will not go out to cut unless Im fully in uniform. It would be best for you to get more shirts made at least 5 total that way you are not running into this problem every other day. As for wearing tank tops and muscle shirts I would not do it. Look at it this way the days you are not wearing your company shirt you are not advertising your company so if you mow 5-7 days a week you only advertise 2 days and it should be your GF job to wash your shirt (unless she works for you) Long story short get more shirts made, and a couple hats to

3. green-pa

Yeah, I could easily do that. I guess I've been procrastinating..lol. So how many years u been at this and how many accounts or customers do u have per week? With that many shirts and hats u must have afull sced?

4. Your Lawn First

I'm in my 5th year. I have 50 resd. customers and 5 commercial customers. I work five days a week about 10-12 yards a day 6-8 hours a day.

5. green-pa

really? What do u do in the winter?

6. Your Lawn First

sit on my A@S most of the time lol if the GF lets me. Trust me man you need to do everything in your power to get to this point in your business, it is the best. I had to do a lot of peenie counting for a while but im here to tell you it was well worth it. I'm thinking about also going into the pressure washing business too I have buddy that does it and makes a killing.and only works 9 months out of the year too.

7. flathead

flathead LawnSite Member

I am a big fan of a neat appearance. As cheap as it is to buy t-shirts by the dozen, I can see no reason to not have a clean company shirt to wear each day.

8. paul vroom

paul vroom LawnSite Senior Member

This turned out to be a bummer.........owell. I am wearing socks..........

9. flathead

flathead LawnSite Member

But are you wearing underwear? No real LCO's wear underwear, lol.

10. paul vroom

paul vroom LawnSite Senior Member

lol......all I a ware when I am on lawnsite is socks.