Whats everyone doing now?

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by DVS Hardscaper, Jan 9, 2014.

1. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

This job was done a couple years ago, it took 1.5 days max to install 50 tons of stone, all done with the thumb. Imagine how much time it saved. Only thing I gotta do this year is get a couple pieces of heavy rubber to reduce the amount of scratching on the stone.

016.JPG

022.JPG

2. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

Thats not the 141 is it?! Looks like a stock kubota thumb. I need an aftermarket, no way im paying tak's prices

3. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

That was my old kx91. I traded up for a 121. I also put one on my new 41, what a difference it made. I think they were about 3k to add to the machine.

4. alldayrj

Thats the price i got too. Cant swing that now, i need to be around 1500

5. GreenI.A.

GreenI.A. LawnSite Silver Member

We're right around that number as well. Bad part thing is we do a lot for the state, the're estimating a 6 month delay in payment. That will be a nice check come June, but the fuel, maintenance and payroll are killing us now.

I've been spending a lot of time on design proposals. Both hardscape crews are just about booked for next season. Now I'm trying to decide weather to put an extra two laborers on each crew to speed up the jobs or set up a third install crew.

6. alldayrj

Thats a good problem to have!

Calls picked up this week, but its just a few leads. Not much booked but if this year continues the past two years trend it will be all good once those tax checks start heading out and the sun pops through.

7. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

We have had snow on the ground for dern near the last month, and temps have been 0-20 degrees.

What this means is people have cabin fever and as soon as it warms up a little the phone will start ringing non stop.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

I hate playing this game. Trying to guess when to turn advertising on full blast every year lol
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

yeah. and that's not exactly something to discuss on the www.....

10. alldayrj

Why not? We discuss every other aspect of biz on here?