Whats everyone doing now?

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by DVS Hardscaper, Jan 9, 2014.

1. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

Free paver ads bring em out of the wood work. I had a guy in a jeep liberty drive an hour one way for half a skid TWICE.

Smart move on that guys part but why lie? Theyre free. Did he end up picking up the brick?
  2. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Sorry. Haven't been checking emails real often.

That was in Los Cabos. Westin, outside Cabo San Lucas about 15 miles. Close to San Jose. Really beautiful place. All thanks to Rain Bird.

Here (below) is where we are right now, in Turks & Caicos (thanks to Kichler Lighting). I even took a hardscape photo for y'all!

Cabo was awesome. But this beach at Beaches Resort in T&C s the most amazing beach and most amazing sand I've ever seen in my life. Better than anything I've seen in Bahamas, Hawaii, or Mexico. Our pictures don't do it justice. Lovin' life here. I don't ever want to go back home.

3. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

I agree with you. I just surround myself with people that I can trust to help me.

I brought my materials from one friend. He has a large shop gets everything cheap cause he can have semis come in. I got screwee on that job, he told me not to worry about paying for it.

Those are the kind of people im talking about. You should try the power washing business. Every one is friends and we all charge the same prices. Low ballers get ran out quickly. It works good.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

I see pavers!

Yep, for me that would be a BUSINESS TRIP!

I went to see how pavers abroad hold up over time ;)
  5. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

Any of y'all spent some money on new equipment this winter? I been picking up stuff cheap and reselling some. And keeping what I like..
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Jim, Keith Richards has a place at Turks and Caicos-stop by for a drink!