1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Whats everyone doing?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Slcareco, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Slcareco

Slcareco LawnSite Senior Member

Its Mid January where is everyones heads at? What plans are in progress and what plans are being thought of for the coming year?

• Advertising, when, how, for what services, or just all services?
    • Winter Pruning, advertising, commencing?
    • Any renewal agreements signed for this year?
    What are you up to?

:weightlifter:

2. shhh, its nap time.

3. anotherturfgeek

anotherturfgeek LawnSite Member

collecting money, researching and trying to stay warm...

4. Grass Shark

Grass Shark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Zone 7

building my advertising campaign & marketing ideas, collecting, being lazy & spending to much time on lawnsite

5. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

shoveling/ snowblowing snow. trying to keep warm

6. Premier landscaping south

Premier landscaping south LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah staying warm is on top of every ones list, brutally cold even down here in the south.

I writing contracts and estimates for this spring. I have a great start ahead me this year.

Making sure all my tax info is in order.

Picking out door hangers and postcards for this years advertising.

Cleaning and servicing all equipment.

A lot of time on lawn site.

7. meicher806

meicher806 LawnSite Senior Member

waiting for more snow to fly. getting advertising in line, trying to line up some new commercial customers

8. tinman

tinman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ga

Working on website a bit, advertising, some pruning. Working on a website biz on the side also.

9. SangerLawn

SangerLawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from indiana

Trying to stay away from the office……wifey is getting all the tax crap together……this is her bitchy time

10. MidWest Falcon

MidWest Falcon LawnSite Member

Coming up with advertising ideas. About to make a big equipment purchase. Here is one idea we came up with. My business partner and I are both teachers and coaches. We are currently coaching basketball and we came up with an advertising idea. We printed up a bunch of shirts that have our basketball team logo on the front and Panther Lawn Service on the back. We are going to have our cheerleaders throw them out to the crowd....we told them to try and aim for the older crowd!!! We are also working on our website.