Whats for Lunch? Pack or Buy?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Clapper&Company, Apr 27, 2008.

1. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Ohio

What do you guys do for lunch?

Do you pack or do you buy it every day?
  2. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

Packing is cheaper, plus its there when you need it.

Sandwich, turkey, ham, cheese whatever, chips, pb sandwich cut up into bite size bites, cookies, granola bars, sunflower seeds, differant flavors of seeds....got to have the seeds....plus fresh h20, a soda, gatorade....etc...
  3. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

i buy every day who ever is with me get it for free and if it works out i buy for everybody we stop for drinks about 3 times a day. I keep 50. a week in each truck if they blow it 2 bad yes a get receipts so i know they aint pocketing it
  4. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

Pack! It is crazy to try and buy daily. I barely have time to eat as it is so having a bite of a cold sandwich or some chips here and there is a ton easier than stopping and buying a hot lunch and then having to eat it.

6 waters and 2 gatorades minimum in the cooler in winter and 8 waters and 2 gatorades in the summer.
  5. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

prepared food is expensive, at least in my area youd be very lucky to have lunch for 10 bucks.

i buy on fridays, have pp&j and salami /cheese the rest of the week have the 5 gal water cooler in on the trailer , i dont drink soda anymore so its filled with water or ice tee.

the extra 50 id spend on pizza shops goes to something elses i need :usflag:
  7. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

The extra money I spend is well worth it IMO. I need that 30 minute break in the middle of the day. We probably spend $3-400 a month between the 2 of us (150-200 each.) for all the stops to get lunch and drinks. In the summer time when we are not bagging anymore we bring the cooler. Just too much of a pita to have the cooler in the back with all the clippings and leaves.
  8. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

I always buy. I've decided to me its worth it, not to mention the 1/2 hour in the air conditioning means a lot on a hot summer day.
  9. huskres

huskres LawnSite Senior Member

Haha Michigan and hot dont belong in the same sentence
  10. dwlah

dwlah LawnSite Senior Member
    from Argo Al

I like the half hour or so to eat return phone calls and rest a couple of minutes
    I tried packing a lunch eating in the truck just doesnt work for me