Whats for lunch?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by crazygator, Aug 12, 2001.

1. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

I was just wondering what everybody does for lunch around here. I am still a kid I suppose. Make my sandwich's, get my chips, load up 2 apples and a can of peaches or so into the old trusty batman lunch box and head out. Do you take your lunchs or eat out and where? Just wondering, and thought it could be interesting to find out.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Who has time for lunch ?????........lol
    If I do grab something, its fast food....I know worse stuff there is but, when I am traveling I dont have to much of a choice....

3. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

For years I would not even eat a lunch (or breakfast for that matter) because either it would make me feel sick or bloated and tired... Don't ask me how I did it... Not recommended!

Now... I usually have some sort of coffee cake for the morning, two cans of coke and a sandwich for lunch... until dinner.

4. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

We eat lunch at nicer places than fast food joints. About my limit for fast food is a Sub from a deli. I don't like fast food and try not to eat it if possible.

5. strickdad

strickdad LawnSite Senior Member

im with tom except i dont have the cake just the coffie

6. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

We fuel up and go out for breakfast and then hit it til we are done and then come home to dinner. Works for us.

We used to go work for about 2 hours and then go eat, but in hot weather, we didn't feel like eating once we got hot.

7. i keep my stuff at a deli now. so when i need lunch and i am in the area i just go there and get whatever- usually i dont have to pay for it. i also do some work for a guy who owns a pizza place. so other times we eat pizza for free. and when we are not in the area we find a local deli. i dont eat breakfast. and lunch isnt until anywhere from 1 - 2 or 3 oclock. come home and eat dinner at 7 or so. start snackin from then until about 12 am

8. Mike (MLC)

Mike (MLC) LawnSite Member

We usually just grab something from a fast food joint. We usually don't have much time to eat. Always busy!!!! :blob2:

9. Lanelle

Lanelle LawnSite Bronze Member

Our guys are instructed to bring their lunch because they may be working in an area not close to any eateries. Now if I could just keep them out of the 7-11's in the am on the way to the jobs!

10. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

Gas station hot-dogs or burgers! Fuel up and food up, one stop shop.