Whats going on with redmax?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Evan528, Nov 18, 2000.

1. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

Today i went to go use my redmax extended hedge clippers and it was vibrating like crazy.... The cover for the back of the gears was gone and the gears were jumping aroung causing the vibration. I thought "no big deal, ill just go to my dealer and get a new cover". One of the mechanics at my dealer shook his head and said "if your lucky youll have it by spring". He told me that redmax has been horrible with certain parts latly and that he has been waiting 3 months for engine parts he has orderd. Anybody know the deal with redmax? They make great machines and i was gonna go pick up anohter redmax trimmmer but not if i cant get parts for it!

2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Give me the model number and part number if you have it and I'll try to locate you one. If I can get it sent to you with in a month, will you fill out your Profile?

3. Evan528

thanx Eric! Sorry about my profile.... i thought it was already filled out! Ill do that right now!

4. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Evan, did the screws loosen and fall out? If so, try some thread-locker.

5. Evan528

yup! lent it to a buddy of mine... when i got it back i didnt even notice the cover missing untill i went to use it at a job today. Couldnt do the job... good start to my day!

6. leeslawncare

leeslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Not trying to be UGLY but ....don't lend nothing to anyone .includeing a friend .man have i learned the hard way !We make a liveing with these tools an MOST of the time they don't care .I've found when my buddys ask to borrow i tell them i'll rent it an they shut up!!!LOLHope you get it fixed cause i've been in you shoes .

7. Evan528

Beleave me, I dont make a habit of lending equipment out but this perticlular guy has helped me out several times. when a employee didnt show up or when I needed material last minute and I wasnt able to get them. I think im done lending stuff out though... now im the one screwed!

8. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I try not to lend anything out. Instead I'll just help them out by doing the work myself. A friend of mine let his helper take home his rototiller to do his garden. When my friend went over to pick it up , a neighbor of the helper was bringing it back! After that he stopped lending things out.

9. Evan528
    Redmax has been having problems with their warehouse. They are trying to do something like the airports, United Parcel ECT... Trying to automate their warehouses. It's been nothing but a pain to get parts.

Has your dealer tried Shindaiwa parts??? A lot of parts are can be crossed and mixed. Just a thought.

Is your dealer paying his bill to the supplier?? Dealers who don't pay their bills on time don't get their parts on a timely basis.
    John

10. Evan528

the particular part is only made by redmax... as far as i know shindaiwa dosnt have anything simailar.... but good news!...... my friend called me tonight to tell me that when he pulled his rider out of his enclosed trailer he found the part sitting there on the floor.... sure saves me alot of hassle and headache now!