What's going to happen here (foundation)

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by pseudosun, Mar 15, 2013.

1. pseudosun

pseudosun LawnSite Bronze Member

I do both houses. I told the lady on the right house about the earth moving down (because of support boards rotting/breaking <not my work>), and she doesn't want to be bothered with it. These are fairly new homes. What's going to happen? Will this screw up her foundation? Should i try to tell her again? She's hard headed. :dizzy:

rr.jpg

Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
  2. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

What are we looking at?
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. pseudosun

left side of her house. the a/c unit is at top of pic (cut off). Had trouble posting pic. The houses are about 7 feet apart.

4. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

What home builder pulled that one off? I don't think the foundation will be compromised but it looks like hell. That isn't good for the hvac unit either. To do something about it would require building a real retaining wall. Just let it go.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

I agree with Patriot if the customer don't want to fix it now do not insist :waving:

6. dstifel

dstifel LawnSite Senior Member

I'd be more worried for the other home personally.

7. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

Is it a slab or a crawl space/basement?
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. pseudosun

The house on left is on blocks; no basement. The house on right is a slab, no basement. I haven't heard of any basements around here (Louisiana).

9. New2TheGreenIndustry

New2TheGreenIndustry LawnSite Senior Member
    from GA

It doesn't look like the 2x12 is holding much earth...not that it could. I just see an area that's a little tricky to mow.

10. Coffeecraver

Coffeecraver LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA.

Looks like a good place to use a ground cover like St. John's wort

Type: Deciduous shrub
    Family: Hypericaceae
    Zone: 5 to 9

Height: 1 to 1.5 feet
    Spread: 1.5 to 2 feet
    Bloom Time: July to August
    Bloom Color: Yellow
    Bloom Description: Bright yellow
    Sun: Full sun to part shade
    Water: Medium
    Maintenance: Low
    Flowers: Showy Flowers
    Tolerates: Dry Soil, Drought
    Uses: Ground cover, Erosion Control
    Culture

Easily grown in average, medium, well-drained soil in full sun to part shade. Tolerates wide range of soils. Thrives on sandy soils in full sun. Less floriferous in part shade. Evergreen in warm winter climates. Usually dies to the ground or suffers some tip die back in cold winter climates, but blooms on new growth and comes back nicely each spring. In areas where it does not die in winter, shear or mow plants in late winter or early spring every 2-3 years to renew and induce new growth. Spreads rapidly by underground stems and can spread aggressively in ideal growing conditions. Plant 18" apart for use as a ground cover.