1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

whats in a contract

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by executive property maintenance, Oct 29, 2006.

1. executive property maintenance

executive property maintenance LawnSite Member

sorry if this is a double post...what should i put in a contract i plan on raking removing leaves, mowing,gutter cleaning just the basics thanks in advance:waving:
  2. Gene $immons

Gene $immons LawnSite Bronze Member

There should be plenty of samples of a basic contract on this site.

Or, go to a office supply store for blank contractor contracts.

But, in all seriousness. You probably don't need one at all for most jobs. Unless the work runs into the thousands of dollars on a single job, a handshake should do just as well. If you are worried about getting paid, ask for 50% down.
  3. Prestige-Lawncare

Prestige-Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with this ... one of the few exceptions I can think of off the top of my old head is when you set a client up on a 12 month pay. This way they can pay a lower bill each month by spreading their costs out over the entire year. They just add it to their budget. Just make sure you stipulate in there that if they break the contract off during the non-mowing season, that all previous payments will be applied to the total of the contract, and they will be responsible for settling up the difference.

Now commercial ... sometimes that is a whole different ball game.