What's in a name?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mark2, Nov 12, 2001.

1. mark2

mark2 LawnSite Member

I have seen post on this subject before but I now have reason to ask your opinion. My company name is " Turf, M.D. ". M and D are my initials. I like it but whenever I hand out business cards people usually grin.

What do you think?

2. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

in my opinion name is everything. that is a pretty good name its things like that that might make the difference in whether u get that big job or not

3. Pauls Mowing

Pauls Mowing LawnSite Member

A catchy name is fine, I'll stick to the quality service I provide, which keeps my customers comming back.

Paul

4. SCAPEASAURUSREX

SCAPEASAURUSREX LawnSite Senior Member

Mark , I like the name, It's wery catchy and easy to remember.. People may grin, however I bet they'll remember better than if it was marks mowing...

5. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Without even realizing it people might just associate your name with some of the franchises that are out there:
    Turf Master, Lawn-Medic, Lawn Doctor, and who could ever forget the guru of guru's -Grass Master. ;)

I say keep it because not only is it catchy (like Iken -still LMAO about that thread) its also easy to remember.

Kris

6. Propdoc

Propdoc LawnSite Member

It sticks in my head, and that's saying something. Great idea.

7. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Ummm ,,, with you having a similar name the MD-Doc thing here, wouldnt it only seem right to assume that your opinion on this matter IS biased. :angel:

8. Propdoc

Propdoc LawnSite Member

Hey your right, I can't believe I didn't even notice. I got my name from the fact that I work on airplanes. You have to admit that Turf M. D. is catchy though.

9. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I know I'll take shots for this but I have always used my full name followed by the word lawncare and constantly turn work away. I have never advertised, as all my work has come from word of mouth. I think people will remember quality and value long after they forget your "cathy name". Personally when I look to find someone to do work for me I tend to lean more towards people who use their real name for their business. My opinion. Ok sock it to me.