What's in your pockets?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by DanaMac, Jul 8, 2010.

1. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

as a young man i saw nothing wrong with the guys doing side work, then i found them doing work that i'd bid but lost. it's sad that the people that should be taking care of you are so willing to steal from you instead.

2. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

$580 cash
    kershaw knife
    hunter key

3. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

crack pipe, Glenn Beck's phone number.....

4. rlpsystems

rlpsystems LawnSite Senior Member

Is Glenn Beck still alive???

5. Wet_Boots

if you want to call it living.....

6. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Early 90's I had cleaned out the work truck one time and thrown out a bunch of trash. And at that time I didn't realize what some of the small parts really cost. So the next Monday my employer called me into the shop and there was a small box of misc. parts that he had fished out of the trash. Nozzles, clamps, emitters, microsprays, etc., all small stuff. He says "Here's your raise in this box", and I didn't under stand him. He pulled out all the parts that I threw out and they probably totaled to $50-$100. I was shocked as I didn't realize how expensive some things were.

But it was all the stuff that was lying on the bed of the truck mixed in with dirt, and other trash. I quickly changed my ways.

7. Wet_Boots

The one thing I have to overcome the desire to just toss away are the excess PGP nozzles, since some of them will be the original versions, which spray further than today's production, and are sometimes invaluable for service.

8. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I had to scrounge around for some PGM nozzles for one system on today's schedule. 8 heads, all 3 GPM nozzles, 4 corners, 4 halfs, barely any distance to them. Found enough 1.0, 1.5, and 2.0 nozzles to try and make it work. But I hate holding onto all those darn nozzles for the different heads. Heck, a lot of people don't know you can change out the nozzles in the MaxiPaws, but i have a lot of those too.

9. Without A Drought

Without A Drought LawnSite Senior Member

Normally it's phone, knife, rainbird screwdriver, PGP key, and wallet.

today it's 3 calloway hx hot bite golf balls, tees, marker, and phone running the sky caddie app.

pg

10. Wet_Boots

too frikkin hot/humid fer golf, unless the beer cart stays close by