1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

What's in your pockets?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by DanaMac, Jul 8, 2010.

1. WalkGood

WalkGood LawnSite Bronze Member

I kept rubbing my eyes and tried to clean my monitor looking at the blurry pic :)

Bottle opener?

2. Waterlogged

Waterlogged LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Close but no. :)

3. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I'd think it would wear a hole in the pocket, and besides, who needs a can opener these days?

4. Waterlogged

Waterlogged LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Well, it folds flat. And you gotta have something when the key breaks on your sardine can that's been sitting on the dash for 12 hrs. :laugh:
    And you always want to have something around for doomsday.:drinkup:

5. ARGOS

ARGOS LawnSite Silver Member

I have one hand in my pocket and the others waving a taxi cab.

6. Wet_Boots

I think they try to put pull-tops on all the cans these days.

I have to take it back about not needing a can opener, now that I recall an episode of a British program entitled Three Men in a Boat, from the ancient days of gentlemen boating on the canals in England. A civilized picnic lunch was being enjoyed, and it would have been topped off with a tin of peaches, but alas, no opener could be found, and the veneer of civility wore a little thin.

7. WalkGood

WalkGood LawnSite Bronze Member

Ya know, I've seen those can openers used in period war movies of WWII and Nam. No idea why I typed bottle when I meant can.

8. Wet_Boots

maybe you think sardines come in a bottle :p

9. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

So.... you listen to Alanis?

10. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

P-38 can opener. Still have one on my "dog" tags from when I was in the Army. Learned very quickly to secure the awl with a rubber band or you would bleed assuming a hasty prone position.
    Yes I still remember C rations and I remember the stink troops made trying to warm MRE's on an intake manifold like we used too with the C ration cans.
    In fact I knocked out a guy in basic training by placing two C ration cans in an o.d. green sock and smacking the white off of the dude as he was messing with me. It sure was a pain getting those ham and beans out of the sock later - the damned things wouldn't wash out. My feet smelled pretty interestingly for a few days afterward.