Whats in your rigs toolbox

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by DynaMow, Jul 15, 2006.

1. DynaMow

DynaMow LawnSite Senior Member

List some things that you carry in your tool box on your rig.

2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

You mean the red toolbox, the white delta truck box, or the grey cargo one?

[​IMG]

3. topsites

I'll start with the grey cargo box:
    1 quart 10w-30 synthetic blend for the Kohlers.
    1 quart 2-cycle mix fuel.
    1 quart transmission oil.
    1 quart 10w-40 oil for the truck motor.
    1 gallon antifreeze already mixed 50/50 with water.
    1 quart chain bar oil.
    some funnels and 1 or 2 other bs things.

The red toolbox has enough hand tools you could about rebuild an engine, but not quite.
    It's lighter than it used to be, I removed most of the specialty tools (gear pullers, et.al.).

The delta truckbox, omg...
    belts and belts and more belts, chainsaw, hedge trimmers, jumper cables, lopers, shears, hammer, 3lb. spool trimmer line and spare headspools already wound, marking flags, inline fuel filters, wd-40, starter fluid, fuel syphon kit, 150 foot tree rope, pvc pipe repair kit, 2 small (about 10 inches wide by 2 inches deep) containers full of fuses and nuts and bolts and screws and clips and pins and springs and bulbs and washers and grommets and connectors and pieces and POS parts that break when you don't have it so now I have it, and man there's a ton more stuff in there, i forget...

then there's another small box inside the cab, sits in the center of the seat, wanna see? :)

4. PastyWhite

PastyWhite LawnSite Member
    from Jax, FL

Hmm. Alot of stuff. I'll try to think of it all.

Contractors trash bags
    Gloves
    Dust Masks
    Rachet Ties
    Bungees
    Two-Cycle Oil
    Trimmer Line
    Tarp
    Safety Glasses
    Ear Protection

And probable a bunch of other stuff I can't think of right now.

5. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

lets see... quite an assortment of random stuff.... wd40, electrical tape, duct tape, butt splices, pliers, screw drivers, wrenches, oil, atf, windshield washer fluid, come-a-long, 20' chain, (4) 3" rachet straps, 50' of 5500lb rope, wipes, first aid kit, lock, big wheel measure, tire plug kit, gloves, hearing protectors, safety flag, wrags, trailer adapter, diesel fuel conditioner.

I think thats about it, I would like to add my 2K lb winch for my Z and my jump-pack/inverter in there, but I'm just about out of room. Also been thinking of mounting an air tank to the framerail under the bed too.

6. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Siphon Hose, gas can, 4 ft. bolt cutters, hacksaw, pry bar, glass cutter, ski mask, gloves, clothes hanger, etc.

7. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Never what I need when something breaks.:confused:

8. MLawns

MLawns LawnSite Member

If you look close at what you have in that box , you might pass for a cat burglar!! haha!!:confused:

9. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

duct tape, chain saw, shovel, deisel, matches, beer, and a dead hooker.

toppy... did you put an echo handle on a stihl???

10. topsites

Yeah cuz the stihl handle SUX lol, I love those D-handles, they're very comfortable.

Forgot to mention: bolt cutters and ratchet straps inside the truck box :laugh: