1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Whats in your wallet, ah! I mean tool box

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by pjslawncare/landscap, Jan 7, 2005.

1. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

What is everyone carrying in your toolboxes in case things go bad while out in the feild?
  2. newbomb

newbomb LawnSite Senior Member

In the wallet: $6 average, a worn out ATM card, and a picture of a girl I knew in high school (class of 82').

On the truck: tow strap, chain and cell phone, if I knew how to fix it I'd open a shop.
  3. naturescaretaker

naturescaretaker LawnSite Senior Member

What's a tool box?

4. GrassBustersLawn

GrassBustersLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Basic stuff - several screw drivers, a ratchet set, hammer, box cutter, Zip Ties, duct tape & a deck belt for each of my mowers. I also keep a tow strap in the bed, just for that sticky situation and a "bucket o' hand tools".

5. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

6. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I have an 8 drawer tool box mounted in the front of the trailer with all of my tools in it. Anything I would need is there, and if I need something thats not there, I buy it and put it there.
  7. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats pritty much what I did. Started with the basics and added as I needed. Only problem now is I have three trucks runnin around and tools seem to disapear like magic. I give the pull out straps a work out tho. Seems like every time we mow a sub road front, one of the mowers gets down in the ditch :realmad:
  8. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I have a kit with sockets, screw drivers, wrenches etc., a set of mower jumper cables (yes, there is such a thing), a tow strap (never used, it's a Dixie) and that's about it.
  9. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I keep a 10ft strap in case I get stuck, basic hand tools (wrench and sockets), a small tackle box with 1/4, 5/16,3/8 bolts nuts and washers with some pins and carter keys, some spark plugs for the mowers and trimmers, oil and trimmer line, and last but not least a 4 ton bottle jack in case i need to jack up the trailer, most jacks in vechicles dont work good on equipment trailers
  10. Littleriver1

Littleriver1 LawnSite Senior Member

10 lb hammer and 3 ft prybar. If I can't hit it or bend it. It's broke.