Whats included for you commercial accounts???

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by joee0914, Aug 9, 2011.

1. joee0914

joee0914 LawnSite Member

So i've been talking to a few other landscapers around town and it seems like when they do commercial bids they include EVERYTHING in their bids and factor it into a monthly prices. They includes things like spring clean up, fall clean ups, mulch, and shrub trimming.

Im just curious to hear if some of you guys do this too or if you leave it all as optional services at their request???
  2. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

Most commercial jobs have a bid spec sheet which will tell you what they want you to bid on. Other than that, I ask the maintenance guy or whoever is in charge. I will run through the list....Like, I assume you would like us to do the trimming and pruning and so on. I bid accordingly. I sometimes include optional items such as seasonal color(annuals) and aerating and overseeding.

Asking these questions has got me the previous contract a few times. They have always blocked out the amounts but a few times I have seen the numbers the other company submitted.

DIXIECONTRACTING LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

My commercial accounts include: cutting,edging,blowing weekly weeding/spraying spring/fall cleanups and trimming once yearly everything else is extra like mulch, flowers etc.
  4. mrsbofalc

mrsbofalc LawnSite Member

newbe to strip malls help with pricing - I guess weekly cut, bill monthly - how do you charge for the mulch?
  5. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

How do you charge for mulch anywhere else? Does the mulch know it's a strip mall?
  6. lukemelo216

lukemelo216 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ...

haha nice one. to the op. You should be able to tell what needs to be done when you go to a commercial property. If you see bushes, plan on trimming the bushes, you see sidewalks plan on edging them. Generally what I will do when talking with the clients is tell them what we are planning on doing, and then ask them if there are any changes they would like or if they have any other special service requests. Some will tell you that you need to pick up all the trash on the entire property, not just the landscape. At another property, we are key holders for the place so in the event of an emergency or an overnight maintenance repair to the building, we have to go to the mall and open up the building for them and lock it up when there done.