whats insurance cost??

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by lawncrew, May 15, 2008.

1. lawncrew

lawncrew LawnSite Member

what do you guys pay for insurance and how much would it cost for me to get covered if i wanted to start getting commercial accounts?

2. Isobel

Isobel LawnSite Senior Member

your cost depends on your location, and the equipment you're running, as well as the type of work you're doing and the number of employees you have.

There are alot of variables. My 1 mil GL insurance runs about 100 per month.

When I first started looking I decided on going to an agent, instead of an indivdual company. The agent has the ability to search through a few different companies to get you a good price. Talk to a few different agents. From start to finish my insurance search took about 2 weeks.

3. DoetschOutdoor

DoetschOutdoor LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S. IL

Just got mine renewed through a new guy. About $485 a year for $1mil. coverage, 2 mowers, trailer and handhelds.

4. mowtivated lawn Care

mowtivated lawn Care LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

I just recently purchased this on two vehicle all my equipment and GL 1mill I pay 140 a month, actually cheaper then when I was insured with Gieco.

5. Saltydawg

Saltydawg LawnSite Member

My general liability for lawncare, landscaping, and winter plowing runs me 1200ish for the year. Million dollar policy seems pretty much standard for the industry.

6. VBsnow

VBsnow LawnSite Member

You cannot compare rates across state lines.