what's it worth? C60 dump truck

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by 711SnoPro, Feb 15, 2013.

1. 711SnoPro

711SnoPro LawnSite Member

Have an opportunity to buy a late 80s C60 from a friend. He started out his excavating business with it but has since moved on to "real" dump trucks ha. I would be using it for snow hauling and landscaping/dirt/rock work.

Specs I know on it:

Under 90k miles
    366 gasser with 5+2 speed
    16' landscape dump body. Ok shape
    Pintle plate
    DOT'ed 7 months ago
    New clutch
    Drives good, steers at 30%
    Interior is Okay for it's age

What is something like this worth roughly?

He told me he wants 6k for it

Thanks!

Cody

2. Chris_NC06

Chris_NC06 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Sanford, NC

$6k doesn't seem unreasonable to me. Offer him $5,500 and see if he bites.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

The 366 is a dog of an engine. That being said, it isn't a totally bad truck. $5500 or $6000 seems fair.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. 711SnoPro

Yeah I've drove it a few times for him hauling black dirt and rock and it definitely won't win any races but I don't think you'll kill it either.

5. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

We had a 1974 with a 350 and 1980 with the 366. The 366 is much better but that being said, we paid 1500 for it and ran it for 6 years. Drove it to the scrap yard and walked away with 1300. The truck is 25 years old, no way i would pay that much
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

With out pictures is hard to put a price on the truck I also think 5k is high for that age shoot us a pic.:waving:

7. tnmtn

tnmtn LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Tn.

6k is high for that truck. however, knowing the condition of the truck may be worth the extra money. I doubt you will find one for less that won't need a little money put into it. i wouldn't pay that price for one off craigslist or ebay without knowing the trucks history.

8. 711SnoPro

See that's the thing, yes the price is a bit steep but these trucks at least in our area are hard to find, especially with a landscaping body with fold down sides and whatnot. And yeah I know who's been driving it and what he's done with it and had to do to it.

I guess the other option is to find something newer but I'm unsure of making an investment of over 10k on a truck right now. Especially with only 2 more months of winter left

9. tnmtn

tnmtn LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Tn.

sounds like a good deal then since you know the truck. I have the same truck but older and it has been great. post pics when you get it.

10. landscapingpoolguy

landscapingpoolguy LawnSite Senior Member

3k cash! truck will be a gas guzzler fixer upper Im sure. Love my 1988 chevy tho.