What's It Worth - Hustler Super Z

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JackFlack, Jun 25, 2008.

1. JackFlack

JackFlack LawnSite Member

I'm thinking about buying a 72" Super Z with 765 hours and I wanted to know what it was worth. Its a 2002. It had new pumps at 450 hours, but still has the original wheel motors. The owner say it runs and cuts excellent, but I haven't had a chance to test drive it yet.

Are there any issues with this year and model that I should be aware of? I'd appreciate any help you can give me.

I already posted in the Hustler section and got some help from Pj, but I wanted to know what some others thought. Thanks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. TimsLawnCareVA

TimsLawnCareVA LawnSite Senior Member

I would say around $4000

3. bakerc8

bakerc8 LawnSite Member

3500 OR a little more not more than 4000 tho

4. PEVO

PEVO LawnSite Member

3k tops whats i'm thinkin" I bought a 05 60" super-z 28efi w/1100hrs for $2750 last year.

5. PEVO

PEVO LawnSite Member

Upon closer inspection, i see this is a 02, also it's a Z & not a Super-Z. Plus it does not have the 28efi, no Donaldson aftermarket airfilter either ...takeing this into consideration, $2200-2500 tops.

Also has the Deck been modified to accept the flat fusion blades? It looks like the chute may need to be opened up more too.

6. JackFlack

It is a Super Z. The model number is 926436 and the stickers show it. It has the 25 hp Kawasaki.

The deck hasn't been modified as far as I know. What are the purpose of fusion blades?

Why would the chute need to be opened up more?

Thanks

7. PEVO

PEVO LawnSite Member

I guess your right about the Super-Z(it has the cheezy looking spoiler thing like my 05 does) Unless they changed the 72" from the get-go...early model 60"s(up to 06) had a different deck than the xr7. The blades were a drop type & the chute opening was too small. The retro-fit (for 60s anyway) was straight fusion blades & spacers to bring them down about 1/2-3/4 of an inch. Plus the back edge of the chute opening was cut out at more of an angle to allow more grass the exit the deck. There is a good post on the subject in another lawn care forum,...but it's taboo to post the name of on this forum. You will find it in the hustler sponsored forum on this other sight.

8. milo

milo LawnSite Bronze Member

how much is he asking for it?????

9. JackFlack

He's asking $3000.

10. milo

milo LawnSite Bronze Member

i owned the same mower but was a 04 with 25hp engine on it. i will tell u this it does bog because of the huge 72 inch deck and it will scalp alot too. if you could use such a big mower dont sound like a bad deal but 72 inch is big and with 25hp kawasaki on it and those big pump motors it does bog down perty bad.