1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What's It Worth?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Kilroy, Sep 17, 2005.

1. Kilroy

Kilroy LawnSite Member
    from KY

I've got a 1995 Exmark 48" Viking Hydro that I'm trying to put a price on. Not trying to sell it; just wanting an idea of how much it's worth. Kawasaki FC420 has about 1100 hours on it; runs great, no leaks; no smoke. Has 2 sets of standard blades, 2 sets of mulching blades, Exmark mulching kit, Exmark bag, Exmark manual, and Kawasaki FC420 manual. All three blade spindles replaced with new ones recently. New spare blade belts, drive belts, and air filters. Meticulously and overly maintained; records kept. Looks good.

I've owned it since new, and have used it on one property for the the last 10 years. Recently lost the account; customer moved. While I'm sorry the customer moved (became a good friend over the years), I'm glad to no longer have the job. Good pay, but just too rough for my advancing years. Anyway, I'm trying to decide whether I should keep it (alternate with my 36" Hydro) or just sell it/trade it for something (give me more space in my shop; one less thing to maintain). Again, this is not a for sale ad. My thought is that while it's in great shape, it's basicly worthless (same thing could be said about me, I guess), and I might as well just keep it. Your thoughts are appreciated.
  2. DAZ982500

DAZ982500 LawnSite Member

I was in the same position as you I have 44" Toro that was used on larger properties.Alot of these customers moved, transfer with IBM,so I wondered whether it was justified to keep this mower.Then it went down and there sat the 36" end of story.Both sit next to each other happy as can be.Keep it in the event of breakdown or future use.Dave.