whats it worth?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowerboy04, May 1, 2006.

1. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

hey guys i'm thinking of getting out of the business and was wondering what my equipment is worth. i have the following
    1. 6.5X12 open air trailer with trimmer racks
    2. 52" bob-cat ztr with 285hours
    3. 36" toro proline walk behind with sulky maybe 100hours
    4. 2 shindiawa t-271 one is a year old and the other is almost dead but still runs
    5. 1 red max stick edger
    6. 1 redmark 7001 back pack blower
    8. 1 sthil back pack blower
    9. hasty vac for the bob cat
    10. lots of sets of blades, extra parts trimmer stirng and aobut 7 gas cans

in case you guys our wondering why i'm thinking of getting out if the busniss is becasue i'm a 17 year old teenager that works 6 days a week from 2:00 wehn i get home till dusk and i'm tired of not being able to hang with my frinds and go to partys and stuff. so i'm starting to realize that i have my entire life to work so i think i'm going to take a break for a while.
    thanks for all your input
    alex
    ps don't mind my bad spelling

2. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

You should take some advice from someone who's been there - Work NOW and play later. You will lose thousands on your equipment (providing it is paid for) and probably good LCO accounts. Friends (if they TRULY are) will still be there while you are working. A faithful work ethic is priceless in today's world. Also, a QUALITY education (spelling/typing skills) would'nt hurt, either. :usflag:

3. smarino21

smarino21 LawnSite Senior Member

Let me know, what do your accounts bring in? Send me a pm and let me know i am in the macomb area but looking to go into novi. Let me know i would be intrested in buying everything.

4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I am in the business to make money, not friends.

I am one of the few who mean what they say, I have few if any friends left but if that was all they were about then they weren't true friends and such is life.

5. Sharp Services

Sharp Services LawnSite Senior Member

I can't imagine how business would be if I would have stayed in it when I first started out. I was in a similar situation and I sold everything and went to work in sales. Now 18 years later ... I am back and having to start over.

Take some advice ... hard work is good. The friends you have know want be around in 5 years ... even if you sell your business.

I can't remember the last time I spoke with someone I was in high school or college with. Build your business ... new friends will come.

Just my 2 cents worth. Good luck!

6. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

1: 500 to 750
    2: 4500 to 5000
    3: 2000
    4: 150
    5: 50
    6: 100
    8: 100
    9: I have no idea
    10: 0 throw them in with the equipment

7. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Silver Member

Just remember you only live once. And nobody laying ready to die has said i wished I spent more time at work

8. DESTEFANO3782

DESTEFANO3782 LawnSite Member

I Was 17 And Working Just Like You. Didnt Have Time For My Freinds Then Either And Used To Hate It. Im 20 Now And Have Guys Working For Me While I Drive Around And Tighten Up Odds And Ends. And The Kids I Went To School With And Home Smokin Pot And Drinking. I Dont Miss It For The World Anymore, Because When Your Out On Your Brand New Fishing Boat Relaxing The Kids That You Called Freinds Are Still Sleeping Till Noon And Workin At Mcdonalds. Dont Throw Away A Good Thing.

9. GrassFearsMe

GrassFearsMe LawnSite Senior Member

hey jtf40 i always thought that the ' went after the n in those contractions bro. "woudn't" not "would'nt". just a typing error right.

10. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

He is 17 years old - NOT 71 !!!:hammerhead: :usflag: