What's It Worth?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Andrews Lawn, Mar 17, 2002.

1. Andrews Lawn

Andrews Lawn LawnSite Member

There is an upcoming auction in my area that another LCO is having because they bought all new equipment. They have a 2000 model 48" Wright Stander with 623 hours on it. How much do you think I should bid up to? Is 623 hours a lot of hours for a 2 year old mower?. Any anwsers are appreciated.

2. BerksLawn

BerksLawn LawnSite Member

623 hours on a mower for 2 years is not alot. I believe Eric said he put 600 on his 2001 Dixie. Some people put about 1000 hours on them in a season so thats considered low.

3. Andrews Lawn

Andrews Lawn LawnSite Member

Thanks BerksLawn,

I thought that didn't sound like too many hours but what I really need to know is how much you guys think its worth, or what I should bid up to.

4. jaybird24

jaybird24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Considering those go for about $5800 new and the low hours it's probably still worth between 3500-4000 but hey it's an auction. It would be nice to get for $3000 or so but thats up to other bidders. Decide what your pocket can handle and go from there. If it goes for around what it's worth it might be worth buying a used one from a dealer for the same price--sometimes they'll at least give you a 90 day warranty should you have problems.

5. BerksLawn

BerksLawn LawnSite Member

Alamia.com has them new for $5,195. So i would say stop at $3,000 because its 2 years old and has 623 hours on it and the warranty is probably up.