What's it worth?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by accuratelawn, Jun 20, 2000.

1. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

A guy I know is getting out of the business at the end of the season. Various equipment and accounts. Also a early 80's one ton dual wheels chevy. Landscape bed with hydro dump. 192,000 miles and he says the engine will need to be replace.<p>What is this truck worth any ideas?<br>Thanks<br>What's

2. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

The engine needs replacing? A 350 I hope?<p>Prolly worth 2,000 depending on condition.

3. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

350 is in the truck yes.<br>He just put the hydro dump on this season.<br>Thanks for the quick respose!

4. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

Also, are you in the South and the truck rust-free?<p>That would be a big factor here in Michigan; if the truck is rusty and needs a new engine, you're pretty much buying the dump bed.

5. FIREMAN

FIREMAN LawnSite Senior Member
    from n.j.

I WAS A MECHANIC IN A PAST LIFE...BUY THE BODY AND HOIST AS CHEAP AS POSSIBLE...JUNK THE CHASIS AND FIND SOMETHING THAT NEEDS A BODY..REMEMBER THERE'S MORE TO A TRUCK THAN A MOTOR..TRANS, SUSPENSION,AXLE, DRIVESHFT. IF ANY OTHER MAJOR COMPONENT FAILS AFTER YOU INSTALL NEW MOTOR YOU'LL BE PISSED OFF. BODY SOUNDS GOOD YOU CAN FIND A NEWER USED CAB AND CHASIS. CHECK OUT BIG EQUIPMENT AND TRUCK TRADER, LOTS AND LOTS OF INFO THERE.