what's more effeicient? cost effective?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Jul 27, 2005.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

our size lawns are 3-8 k. what is more cost effective/efficient for grass cutting- a 48 walkbehind with jungle wheels set up for side discharging, or, a 48 walker, set up for bagging.
  2. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

A 36" or 48" Hydro Walk Set-up For Mulching.
  3. wojo23323

wojo23323 LawnSite Senior Member

A 52" stander with either mulch kit or bagger.
  4. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

for those of you from the south, with challenged intillect, the choices were: a 48" walkbehind with jungle wheels set up for side discharging, or a 48" walker, set up for bagging
  5. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

for those of you from the south
    _________________________________________________________________easy now partner,dont get your panies in a bunch. :nono:
  6. Jay's Lawncare

Jay's Lawncare LawnSite Member

I am from the South and as I'm reading I'm just wondering what the heck intillect is?
  7. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

The 48" walk behind with the jungle wheels.
  8. Lake Claire Lawn Ranger

Lake Claire Lawn Ranger LawnSite Member

And Fareway would be in south Canada?
  9. lqmustang

lqmustang LawnSite Senior Member

From the choices you listed, I would go with the walker and bagging. Bagging cuts down alot of blowing, and for the size properties, you should usually be able to mow a few before dumping the unit. This is also assuming you are using that neat hydraulic dump system for better effeciency. I've see the guys that dump onto a tarp and throw it into the truck. I can empty my triple bagger by myself in half the time. Cost effectiveness would depend on how much you have to pay to dump the clippings, along with how far you need to go. I would also consider a smaller 48 or 52 ztr for your choices if you can, they'll fit on the small properties just as easy.
  10. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

A Personal Pace 21" with a bag!!! :dizzy: