1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Whats more important to you......

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Albery's Lawn & Tractor, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

Whats more important to you guys, fancy new truck and homeowner grade equipment or a decent used truck and quality commercial equipment. Seems like most guys now a days would rather take the truck. Yesterday I am mowing a yard and across the street pulls up a brand new crewcab dodge diesel and he's pulling a 4X8 home made trailer with a craftsman mower and his trimmer and blower was in the truck with about 5 gas cans. Apparently he lived there and him and his son were done mowing for the day (it was 11 a.m.). I'm seeing alot more guys like this now and am just curious as to what others prefer.
  2. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

Id take new commerical equipment and a decent used truck.
  3. I have it both, nothing wrong with that.
  4. AAR Lawn Services

AAR Lawn Services LawnSite Member

See sig. :)
  5. inHaliburton

inHaliburton LawnSite Member

I'm pulling my JD 737 with a Ford Focus. Most of the guys up here are pulling their Sears rider on a home made trailer, or they carry it on the truck, with a Dodge Ram Hemi. There is another guy up here pulling 2 Toro Z turns, though...
  6. AAR Lawn Services

AAR Lawn Services LawnSite Member

That's alot to pull for a little Focus! I wouldn't expect that car to take that kind of abuse for too long.
  7. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

I would go with the quality commercial equipment for sure.
  8. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Yep, me too.
  9. coonman

coonman LawnSite Senior Member

A shiny new truck costs a lot of money, but does not make you money. Cheap homeowner equipment will wear out fast. Commercial equipment is a must, if you plan to be in business for long.
  10. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Maybe there doing it to pay off the truck.