Whats my first step?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by andrew415, Feb 7, 2008.

1. andrew415

andrew415 LawnSite Member
    from Canada

I want to get into lawn care, I bought a faxmachine and and starting to contact a bunch of prospect clients but I'm not sure what else to do?

Should I get my buisness registered and insured right now before I even have a vehicle to tow/ equipment

I need to buy a vehicle Does it matter if I buy that before or after I licence myself as a business so I can get it insured as a business vechicle and it will be a tax write off since its a business vehicle?

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

Do a search on here to start ..there is tons of info on here that should answer most of your start up questions. Good luck.
  3. janmar

janmar LawnSite Member

You first should consider developing a marketing plan to make sure that you know if what area you are going to service. Contact you local Small Business Development Center Office that can help you with information on how to get started from licensing requirements, to legal issues, insurance and much more.
  4. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, I don't know what its like to start a business in Canada, but I would say get a vehicle that can transport your equipment, or tow it. Register your business so you can be legal, and register your name so nobody uses it (and they can also tell you if the name is in use before you sign up and make business cards and all that). Really, to get an idea, just buy sean adam's kit and read it it will help you a lot.

Oh, very important, Before you start, DEVELOPE A BUSINESS PLAN!! you need to... I'm rewriting mine as we speak.