1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Whats my machine worth?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawn Ranger 13, Jul 27, 2004.

1. Lawn Ranger 13

Lawn Ranger 13 LawnSite Member

I am going to buy a new Hustler Super Z 27/60 in about a week. I currently am running a Great Dane Surfer 22/61 that has 470 hours on it after 4 summers of mowing. I have had no major problems with this machine. The GD has new belts and a new set of tires. I have really taken care of this machine. The motor oil has been changed every two weeks and a new oil and air filter every month. The deck has been cleaned each day after use and has been kept inside every night. All other scheduled maintenance has been taken care of. My current dealer say that I have taken great care of my machine and he told me that he would give me at least $3200.00 on a trade for a SCAG ztr. The Hustler dealer will not take a trade in. He told me that he didn't have a market for my machine and he also told me that he couldn't really give me what the machine is worth. How much do think it is worth?
  2. justinleroy04

justinleroy04 LawnSite Member

Forget trading and put it on ebay. I recently went to trade my JD F620 and John deere offered me 2000 for it. I sold it on ebay for 3500. Big difference!
  3. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Trades are always a losing proposition.
    Sell it privately,our local paper occassionally has commercial equipment listed on a sunday and if you don't call before noon you can forget it.
  4. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

I second the put it on ebay. You should be able to get $2500-$3000 for it.