1. GeoffDiamond

GeoffDiamond LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Hey<p>While the server was down did anyone get any new toys or snow? Well as for myself no, but utility construction is getting more and more complex every year. I had to go back to school, and get a degree in electical engineering. Or go and higher an engineer at 40K a year, i can get the degree in 6 years part time at the cost of less then 10K.<p>Geoff

2. cutntrim

cutntrim LawnSite Senior Member

Hey yourself,<p>We salted one night and looks like we're going out tomorrow. Probably just to salt but possibly to plow. Weather is on the way anyhow. Caring for a new baby with colic makes plowing 30 hours straight seem like a walk in the park.<p>----------<br>Dave in S.Ontario<br>

3. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

I picked up another 7 1/2 minute mount for my Dodge 2500 Cummins,just one day after the trans went on my little S10 so I lucked out.I had been looking at a Curtis.Then this came along,Was used once and saved me a grand over a curtis,and now I have 3 minute mount plows.I guess I am used to them because after a couple of times I can mount them literally in under a minute even if the truck is lower or higher than it was unhitched at.I love them but a western does scrape better and a meyer is lighter but neither are as strong.Only a diamond is,but it's not a minute mount.I flushed out the fluid on the new plow and gave it a wrench on all bolts and a shot of WD40 and it worked perfect for the storm.Now calling for a snow/rain mix friday night,so I will be ready even if my S10 isn't done.I sure dont look forward to plowing driveways with 3/4ton w V-box in back and frozen snowbanks all around.Yikes!Or use my Dodge 8ft bed ,Xcab to do small work isnt fun.My trans parts should be here tomorrow so I'll put it back together and hope I'm as good at Autotrans rebuilding as I am at plowing.Now where do all those springs and check balls go? John DiMartino<p>----------<br>John D<br>

4. tru cut

tru cut LawnSite Member

we have had snow in n.ny 4-5&quot;on sat. 1&quot;or so today frezing rain right now.time to hook up the sander,got it rewired geoff works better thanks. wind has been hoooowling,big drifts had to do a cleanup at an apt.complex today ,I NEED A PULL PLOW!! a dealer in town has a dainels for 1700.00 is this a good deal?? i think i want a snowman but no dealer w/in 6hr.well thats it in the last 4-5days<p>----------<br>Todd <br>

5. GeoffDiamond

from Maine

1700 for a danniels is a steal. I paid 2400 for mind, that was the 8'. Just make sure 1700 is for the 6' with, you won't like 6'4 behind a f 250. Also make sure you can still have the sander with danils, because i don't think it is possible. Maybe you can have sander if you can let me know. Also did you use wire covers on all your wiring? <p>Geoff

6. tru cut

tru cut LawnSite Member

geoff<br>it a 7.5 and no i cant use both sander/plow together no big deal to drop plow to go sand after plowing,all acc.with in 1.5 mi of home,yes all wires covered&tied<br>

7. GeoffDiamond

from Maine

Hey witha 7.5' blade go for it, if ya want to spend the money. You will find the first storm you have to get used to plowing with the pull plow, so it might take you a little longer. Best of luck.<p><br>More electrical suggestions. With your pull plow, add clearance lights on the side plates and if you want the rear. This will make sides easier to see at night in your sideview mirrors, as well as warn cars. Now to add these lights, just wire them up to a trailer plug. If you have trialer lights wired on the truck, plug the trailer wire plug from the plow into the truck and you got clearance lights. Just make sure that all the wires are covered and tied, and use liquid electical tape on the connectiosn. The wires will get wet, but they have worked for me for 2 years.<p>Geoff

8. n y snow pros

n y snow pros LawnSite Senior Member

We became a MAGIC-0 distributor this year and have had great success in both using and selling MAGIC.We are now the largest dealer in New York State.This product has tripled our winter sales and is by far the best thing i have ever seen on the market for ice control.If any of you are serios about ice control and i know the majority of us are,you should look into this product.I am not saying this because we are a distributor,but because it works and works incredibly well.This is not ICE BAN it is different. <p>----------<br>J PARKER<br>914-485-4200

9. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

Last Thursday our forcast was for flurries. At 6 pm weather they said dusting to an inch. Well when the phone rang at 11 pm alreadey an inch on the ground and still coming down. We ended up with 3&quot; of flurries. Nice fluffy powder. The meyer blade on our ranger broke, at the end of the storm, so Brian used our 621 Hondas at the condos to clean up. The pin that thye moldboard pivots on when it trips fell out and the d ring fell off the moldboard. We bought 2 new ones and in less than an hour were back together. The new pins are greasable, once a year give them a shot and you will be all set. If yours arent greasable you should change them, if they rust into the d ring and the pin breaks you will need a new d ring, as they are next to impossible to remove after they break.<br>So the weather man was wrong again(I am shocked) and the storm for Sat looks like it will pass south of us.<br>Dino <p>----------<br> Professional Ice and Snow Management <br>Products:Services:Equipment www.sima.org

10. Doug406

Doug406 LawnSite Member

Geoff or others, I have been thinking about a pull plow for next year, what are your major &quot;pluses&quot; for the thing? Any real quirks?