1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What's on your Christmas list?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Stuttering Stan, Nov 26, 2010.

1. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

It's called, "being able to let go of the control". Which I have not been able to do with my business life. I want it done my way, and I don't know how to teach it "my way". So I need to make the right hire, that knows how to do things on their own, and learn on their own. I can teach the field work, but I can't teach the office work. It's not a pen and paper business anymore either Mike.
  2. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

i always ask for world peace but i can see where the office assistant could be a close second........with all of the paper work she could do......and all the other plus's she could bring with her.
  3. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

I don't see why that would make a difference, seems like "paperwork" is easier, more efficient and less time-consuming for you guys than it was for me. Management and delegating responsibility will never change, ever. Besides, you guys don't have to spend money on typewriter ribbons and white-out like I did!
  4. ARGOS

ARGOS LawnSite Silver Member

Excuse me? I vote for a red head. Make it 120lbs. Mike suggested she look like a librarian? With those long plaid skirts, wire rim glasses, hair in a bun...
  5. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Yup, mistress of efficiency.
  6. mitchgo

mitchgo LawnSite Silver Member

Our office assistant is mid-40's and kind of round. REALLY NICE Though. My bosses office is out of his house. I have a feeling if he hired a hot secretary then his wife would not be a happy camper. My Gf is always asking me to tell my boss to hire her.

I guess when I periodically get to see the trophy wives it makes up for it.

Typically I never ask for anything for Xmas.
  7. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

trophy wives are high-maintenance
  8. Buck_wheat

Buck_wheat LawnSite Senior Member

Sings to a calypso tune; "If you want to be happy for the rest of you life, then go out and get yourself an ugly wife"

I got all the stuff I need, including a drop dead gorgeous, (relatively) low maintenance, smoking red hot wife.Thumbs Up

I'm praying for peace of mind, less stress and more work... paradoxical ain't it?

Current morning (0800) temps; 77 Degrees F
    Highs today; 82 F
    Scattered clouds
    Local red ant count; 0
    Fench Canadian Tourist Count; too many.
    Senior Citizens "snow bird" count; too many

Another beautiful day in paradise!
  9. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

10. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

If our high school librarian looked like that, I never would have graduated.....