What's On Your List For This Year???

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by DSLND, Apr 18, 2006.

1. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Not to spoil the party but my first priority this year is to save up the money for next winter because once that money is in the bank, it's all downhill and I can think about if I want to buy something.

Remember, if you don't got your winter money saved by end of September, you can be forced into drudgery and slavery (translation: doing leaves for cheap) because you have a cash shortage and hence, no choice in the matter.

As for me, I like having 5k saved by end of June because Jul-Aug is tough too, and that just happens to be what I need to survive the dead month or two of winter and once I have that in the bank, it allows me to have this 'take it or leave it' attitude year-round.

What I'd really like to get going is to always have at least 5k in the bank, but this is proving a bit tough as I do have my eyes set on a Stihl Fs-100 4-cycler (weedeater, that is) :rolleyes:

Other than that this is going to be a 'run on last year's supplies' for me because I got some back tax issues you don't want to know about, heh... But, I got at least a thousand dollars in oil, blades, parts, belts, string, filters, antifreeze, I mean you name it, I got it.
  2. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

also, this has nothing to do with the thread but, there have been several studies done on teen driving, and teens who go through propper drivers education and don't goof off to impress friends are the best drivers on the road, their reflexes are much faster than any other age group. think about it, a 50 or 60 year old who is not as fast as they used to be, has a much longer reaction time if a they needed to stop suddenly. i would ride with a responsible teen driver well before i rode with my own father.
  3. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

16 and being responsible doesn't mean you know what the real world is like.

You will find out that you will learn a lot by the time your are 20 and look back and say boy I though I knew what the real world was like when I was 16and how wrong was I. :laugh:
  4. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

this is the only time i will ever agree(partialy) with you but by the time i turn 20, i will have a better understanding of how the world works. but if i had to i could support myself now.
  5. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey I don't expect you to agree with me yet since you 16 and I am 50. One day you will get older and start agreeing with me about the world.

Ask your Dad if if you don't believe me. :laugh: :laugh:
  6. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

1. Trailer
    2. More DVD's (im at 368 now)
    3. ZTR.
  7. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

new computer
    New or newer 4x4 truck(hopefully a diesel)
  8. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

winning lottery ticket. but if that falls through :dizzy: ...
    - tuition for my kid's school
    - tons of assorted crap for the kids
    - a new hat
    - did i mention kids stuff?
    - a life
  9. rfed32

rfed32 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Hatboro

1. scooter (to save on gas when im not driving my truck)
    2. clients (more and more)
    3. money (more in the account)
    4. new bp blower (not sure what kind yet, prob redmax)
    5. new plow parts (get xtra pump andfix whats broken and have some spares)
    6. rebuild both plow pumps
    7. new trailer (6x12 or 6x14)
    8. leaf loader or good leaf vac (aug.)

oh and to the real world comment.....i am almost 20 and ever since i got outta high school and started working full time while going to school part time i realized i wish i was like the other 80% of my classmates and went to school and got drunk all the time....the real world sucks....lol thats what i think....
  10. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

8x16 dump trailer
    leaf loader
    new aerator
    52inch stander
    new computer

I might have to wait we just built a new house so only thing I might buy this year is the leaf loader.