What's On Your List For This Year???

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by DSLND, Apr 18, 2006.

1. FireManPhil

FireManPhil LawnSite Member

Phase out all my older Echo Equipment with newer Stihl Equipment. 25 new Clients!

2. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

i want more clients and a enclosed trialer 7*16 at least. also another mower would be nice.

3. Signature Landscaping1

Signature Landscaping1 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Lets see here....
    1. Some racks for my new trailer.
    2. Stick edger.
    3. Ampeg 4x10 Bass cab
    4. Marshall jcm 2000 Cab

4. DodgeTruckMan731

DodgeTruckMan731 LawnSite Senior Member

What do ya know mee 2!!!!!:usflag:

5. DSLND

DSLND LawnSite Bronze Member

I forgot To add

- 2 or 3 Place Trimmer Trap Racks :)
    - A Side Bagger For The Z

6. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Not entirely untrue, but one reason old folks drive slow is because it's not only the safest way but also the most cost-effective. It took me over 20 years to realize that the most leisurely drive cost less in wasted time than the money it costs to upkeep in addition to fuel. We're talking tires lasting twice as long, brake pads that don't need changing but maybe every 100,000 miles and everything else lasts a lot longer, too.

My reflexes may appear slower, but it's because with age it hurts to move and the experience of a lifetime also enables older folks to get twice the stuff done with about half the motions, so where the young'uns are always rushing around trying to get things done, the old guy hardly looks like he's moving but better watch out because before you blink twice, he's done.

A prime example is everybody always rushing from traffic light to traffic light, the thousand-year old sickness of hurry-up-and-wait and then hurry up so we can wait again infects folks to such extent it takes an effort to get away from the mindset itself... And to take it slow and nice and easy and time the lights so one hardly ever has to stop... It's one of those old trucks lumbering down the road at 20-30mph in a 45mph zone and everybody flies past the guy all irritated at his slowness, but every single traffic light here comes that old truck again chug-a-chug-a-chug-a and chit lol.
    That's all I'm saying but you're not wrong either, just another view point.

7. General Landscaping

General Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Single screw diesel,24' with a flybridge.

8. DSLND

Well Were Making Our Way Through This Season so lets change this thread around a little. Now The Question is "What Have U Marked Off ur List for This Year"? -Mitch-

So Far I Have Marked Off:

-Toro Super Recycler (20055)
    -2 wheeled wheelbarrow
    -STIHL HS 45 Hedge Trimmer
    -STIHL BG 85 Blower

Still On The List:

STIHL FC 110 Edger
    STIHL FS110 Trimmer (Proboably Next Year)
    3 Place Trimmer Trap Racks
    Side Bagger For The Z

Hopefully Next Year Get My 110 Trimmer, New Trailer, KM110 Multi Tasker, either another super recycler or 36in Walk behind!

Then Its All About The Truck!! (Chevy 3500 Dump)

9. Jay Ray

Jay Ray LawnSite Fanatic

Yes Sir, around here I doubt you could save six minutes a day driving punch it and crunch it, but that is the way driving is done.

10. DSLND

Anyone Else? As u can tell im trying to make this thread last as long as it can.lol