1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

whats on your truck?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GrassmasterB, Sep 18, 2004.

1. GrassmasterB

GrassmasterB LawnSite Member
    from Florida

in the event that a mower breaks down on the job site, what do you have on your truck or trailer to get that mower loaded?
  2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I don't have anything on the trailer but I'm rarely ever more than 10 minutes from home with the mowers.
  3. BladesAway

BladesAway LawnSite Member
    from Ok

I use my hitch mounted winch. I have both front and rear frame mounted hitches on my 4x4 ranger. Pulled many a jeep through the stuff I made it through. I have a boat crank on my trailer though. Never used it for that but I suppose if you had anything but a Snapper or Toro you would really need it. :p
  4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Come-along. Good, cheap investment.
  5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Simple. Pull the releases on the hydros and use one or two of the other mowers to pull it on the trailer...done deal.
    Acute Cut likes this.
  6. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Cell phone, dial 411 & get # to nearest dealer, mechanic or tow truck :D

7. Acute Cut

Acute Cut LawnSite Senior Member

Im in the same boat as the rodfather. You would be amazed what a 52" hydro walk behind can pull out. I once pulled a tractor off an imbankment with it. Honestly i wouldnt believe it if i hadnt done it. LOL

Here is the trickier part though. All that is fine unless you have and enclosed trailer. It had created some tricky situations.
  8. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

my 21's i can just push... :rolleyes:
    my wb's i can just push.... :rolleyes:
    if truck breakes down, i can just push..... :realmad:
  9. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

A cell phone is all I need. Dealer sends a tech. to me. If he cannot fix it in the field he leaves me a loaner and takes it to shop.
  10. cleancutccl

cleancutccl LawnSite Senior Member

Same as avery, call the dealer, if he can't fix it he sends a truck and trailer to load it up to fix it, and leaves a loaner.