What's States Bag grass???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Doc Pete, Jun 16, 2002.

1. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

Here in New Jersey all the condos, malls, small shops and most houses that have lawn services bag the grass. In what other States is bagging popular.
  2. JasperStorm

JasperStorm LawnSite Member
    from WA

Washington State
  3. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Its only popular here in Wisconsin at certain times of the year and on certain properties.

Most customers want a nice looking lawn, if you can provide that then you don't have to bag. I cannot believe some of the work people do with the windrows of grass all over.
    I myself bag 2 of 24 customers on a weekly basis. One has a swimming pool and the other has an on site compost pile. I run a Walker as primary mower and have a 52SD deck as my main cutter.

There are lots of homeowners who bag themselves and bring the grass to the cities compost site.
  4. BigJim

BigJim LawnSite Senior Member

New Zealand State:D
  5. Ajays

Ajays LawnSite Member

We only bag in the early spring and late fall when there is a lot of growth or leaves to pick up. The rest of the year we mulch just fine. In NC a lot of people do it this way.
  6. ilovethisgame

ilovethisgame LawnSite Member

Bagging is still prefered in California from my expierence. I believe it's mostly due to the fact most lawns are fairly small and most counties provide green waste recycling cans to homeowners.

7. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

I see alot of people doing it in Iowa.
  8. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Baggin' Pete?...

...run doubles and/or cut twice and you will substantially eliminate the need/amount of bagging the clippings. Email me and I will tell how to get around most of this.

9. GrassMaster84

GrassMaster84 LawnSite Member

It's mixed here in Tennesse, some bag, some mulch, some side discharge, a lot of people use walkers is residential areas and smaller yards etc., on big lots and larger areas I just side discharge!....;)
  10. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

The ones bagging are using Walkers. Mulching is mostly eXmarks, and everything else is usually sidedischarging. As for me, I don't bag grass.