1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What's that white stuff called???

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by SlimJim Z71, Jan 20, 2001.

1. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 LawnSite Senior Member

We're going on 20-days with no snow. December was a heck of a month, but now we have nothing. I see more and more grass every day. Doesn't look like there's even any snow in the forecast. How's everyone else doing?

2. cat320

cat320 LawnSite Senior Member

Tim here in Boston we have been seeing only 3-5" storms about once a week or so mayby more and we have suposably a real snow storn comming here and dumping 6+ Inches tonight but who knows if it's true or not untill it all falls on the groung weather men don't even know.
  3. Mike Nelson

Mike Nelson LawnSite Senior Member

I think you better move over to Erie and help John out.
    Crazy how the weather works.Some get the whole chicken and some get just the feathers!
    We are suppose to get 5-9 inches tonight.
    Good Luck
  4. this fall, the long term forecast were oct, nov & dec, months with higher precipitation than average, jan, feb, and march are supposed to be under average. looks like they're telling the truth.
  5. Rooster

Rooster LawnSite Senior Member

Feathers? I haven't got that. I am still thinking about spreading salt on the street, then plowing that.

Yes, that boring in Kansas!!!
  6. Mike Nelson

Mike Nelson LawnSite Senior Member

Hang in there I am sure you will get some feathers before April!
    Plowing the salt reminds me of the Post Office commercial.Guy in Florida orders packing peanuts and spreads them all over his lawn to be his snow.Same concept!
    Think Snow....
  7. MJ

MJ LawnSite Senior Member

Rooster, I used to work in KS about ten years ago. Seems I remember busting plenty of drifts with the car on the way to work. If it's any help, not much snow up here in Maine this year, either. John kept it all before it could get here.

8. plow kid

plow kid Banned

Tim,.. whenever you get snow, we get snow , so no snow here yet. I am considering plowing snow off the lawn onto our drive so i can plow it out,..lol

(I am serious)
  9. plowjockey

plowjockey LawnSite Senior Member

Bad situation working out for me here in Dayton Ohio. The storms seem to know that I would like to get to some plowing and the spiral just out of range, or if they hit we fall into the eye. Shucks, Darn and all of that stuff. LOL Happy plowing to those of you that are out there in it. At least here on Lawnsite I listen (read?) about everyone's elses exploits.
  10. Eager Beaver

Eager Beaver LawnSite Member

Having the same problem in Michigan. About ready to put the plows away for the season. Usually when I do that we get dumped on. Mid Michigan hasn't got any in three weeks.