whats the bast lawnmower brand

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by maddogg578, Jul 14, 2009.

1. maddogg578

maddogg578 LawnSite Member

i think for homeowner lawn boy is the best brand for commercial scag or bobcat tell me what you think

2. kylecal91

kylecal91 LawnSite Member

Well there are definitely a lot of guys on here with a lot more experience than me, but I've come to the conclusion that there are a lot of good mowers out there it's just personal preference. Bobcat makes an excellent commercial mower (I own one) but they don't have a suspension; so I went out and bought a Bad Boy with a suspension and a suspension seat. So basically it's just what your personal preference is and how much you are willing to pay. As for residential mowers, don't know much about them. Just make sure you get one that is rated good. Hope that helps.

3. mowerdude777

mowerdude777 LawnSite Silver Member

for home owners I say toro, for pros I say exmark

4. RAlmaroad

RAlmaroad LawnSite Silver Member
    from SC

I don't mow--wouldn't mow--let the younger guys do that. However, I do like my 12HP Snapper. It only has a 28" cut. It does a pretty mowing job with lots of power. For the price with a bagger they're OK. Of course, you can get hydrostats, baggers, and lots of other nice things for a price. I do not like the stearing on any Snapper and if it were not for dependability and a pretty cut, I'd look further. So, as mowers go, we've had something like 20 of them over the years and the best look is that Walk Behind, self-propelled 21" cut Snapper. As said before, a lot of great mowers out there and to each his own.

5. Happy Frog

Happy Frog LawnSite Bronze Member

For homeowners, the Honda HRX series will last a lifetime and gives a great cut.