whats the best 21" that stripes best?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RedWingsDet, Jul 11, 2004.

1. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

im looking for a new 21, my honda seems to leave ALOT of stragglers even with NEW SHARP blades. and my cubcadets suck!!! freaking CANADIANS!!! but, anyway, i only use the 21 for trimming by sides of houses, some curbs, and i only cut 2 houses out of 43 with the 21" so i dont really want to spend over $500 for a mower that only gets used a few times a week.

but the 2 that is use the 21" on are highend residentals, and i got my honda to stripe her lawn good one week and when i came back to get the money for that month 2 days later she was telling me how she couldnt belive the stripes and she loved them, but then i went and did it again the week after with sharp blades and it left alot of stragglers, it seems like its a hit or miss with hondas.

anyway, whats a good 21" or 22" mower for around $500, only being used twice a week + trimming.

2. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

im looking at the metro 21, a toro, or a snapper.

i really like the metro 21. how well does it stripe? does it bag well? it will mainly be used for bagging.

3. LawnMower

LawnMower LawnSite Senior Member

Any mower is going to stripe. The wider the deck the more your going to notice the stipe. My 61 inch stripes well.

4. EastCoast

EastCoast LawnSite Senior Member

I just purchased a Honda HRX (21 inch) two months ago............... great machine.

5. cntryboymc

cntryboymc LawnSite Member

jd jx 75 all the way.i get a lot of complements on how well it cuts.i own two of them.