whats the best 48'' walk behind on the market

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Big Red Ferris, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Big Red Ferris

Big Red Ferris LawnSite Member

i need a walk behind ive looked at a few i want 2 demo a trim star 48 hydro, whos got a few diffrent kinds that they have had i dont have too have a ferris i need sum feed back b4 i pick out a model a 52 would work 2 let me know

2. karol

karol LawnSite Member
    from ontario

I'm on my second season with a 48"Trimstar. Great machine. Especially if you have a lot of obsticles(trees,poles,etc) You can cut around them pretty fast. Very nice and easy stearing. Toro is a very nice machine also. Ferris Exmark there good machines also. You can't go wrong with any of them as long as you got good dealer support and you don't have to drive 1 or 2 hours for parts.

3. joshco84

joshco84 LawnSite Senior Member

exmark turf tracer with ecs handles in a 48 is the best walk behind i have ever run. I dont know what your budget is but a TT is pretty pricey but well worth it.

josh

4. Mirror7m

Mirror7m LawnSite Member

I have the 2007 Exmark TTHP with a sulky and weight kit it also has the 19HP kawi engine. I am very happy with it . It is not as fast as my ZTR but it cuts better in my opinion.

5. Big Red Ferris

yeah i want the easyest thing out there to run, also if any ones using a sulky?what kinda grass catchers u guys run if any im gonna try a grass packer,

6. Big Red Ferris

my dealer ive been with has a 06 52'' scag belt with 25-45 hrs wants 3180 for it

7. TurfGuysInc.

TurfGuysInc. LawnSite Member

You can't go wrong with scags, i've been running a 36"and 52" hydros for the last two seasons without any major problems.

I've heard that the trimstar leaves a horribe cut in comparison to a scag or exmark. Good Luck

8. karol

karol LawnSite Member
    from ontario

I can't seem to figure out how to take you directly to my thread that I started. Anyhow like I said this is my 2nd year with the 48 trimstar with proslide sulky. Go to the search menu and type in karol hustler trimstar 48" in the pictures forum. I've got a couple of pictures of what this beast does. I certainly don't think it's horrible.

9. Fadedsun

Fadedsun LawnSite Member

I'd go with a Scag or Toro floating deck hydro. The best combination.

10. joshco84

joshco84 LawnSite Senior Member

if you want easy to run, the ecs handles on the exmark are unbeatable.