Whats the best back saver tool you've bought?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by all ferris, Sep 4, 2005.

1. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

Lets face it, the work we do is not the best on the back and knees. I'm young yet and I would like to save my back for later on in life. I already have a skidsteer but you all know that you cant always drive directly to where you have to work. So, lets here what you guys think is the best back saver? miniskid, track loader?????

BTW- I don't want to hear hire other people to do the hard work.

2. Markf

Markf LawnSite Senior Member

Bought a 9hp Brown bed edger. What a back saver and I went thru spinal fusion last September.

3. start2finish

start2finish LawnSite Senior Member

6ft Glencoe Harley Rake 95% of labor removed from final seed bed prep. Paid for itself in 2 months, with additional work we could get to in our schedule and saved manhours. The relevance here is not bending over to pick up rocks and less rakeing.

4. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

the skid will do alot so youre set there but i agree with markf the edger is a good one and it looks nice when youre done and you can charge alot for good bed edging but we just did a job with sod and we used a skid and a rototiller and the tiller worked really well

5. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Forget about saving your back and knees with out having someone else doing the work. Its the nature of the beast, hard physical labor.

6. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

You beat me to it mac,i was going to say..employees lol

7. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

See the list below. :D All of them save my back. As for the employees. All of them are RPS operators. (Round Pointed Shovel operator). I hardly ever pic up a shovel now.

8. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

mini skid, no question...

best tool i have ever bought ever..........

9. lqmustang

lqmustang LawnSite Senior Member

Best so far has been a dump insert for the truck. So much easier to dump and run than climbing back there and pulling, shoveling, raking out everything.