Whats the best edger blade?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Craftybigdog, Mar 10, 2004.

1. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys whats the best edger blade to use for a walk behind, and that lasts along time. And where do you guys find the best prices, maybe if I buy in bulk thanks alot!

2. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

I buy mine from ROTARY catalog. Best prices I have found. Sometimes they even run a 50% off sale. They dont have a WEB site.

3. Craftybigdog

How can I get a catalog? Thanks

4. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

Rotary catalog distributed by Recreational Leisure Corp. E mail At ( recleisure.com ) or call 1-800-521-6848

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

It all depends on what kind of edger you have, I guess. For me, I have a McClane, so the Anderson 202 is by for the best bet. Don't be fooled by cheaper blades that are much thinner, and narrower, so they don't last nearly as long.

6. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

The star blade. I buy in 10 or more and get a nice discount. The stars last a lot longer than the standard blade and they cut better. You don't have to worry about it skipping.

7. Star blades out last the standard stick edger blade and the 8 point even outlasts the star .

8. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

If I ever run across some I will try it out. I have a tendency to believe Jack...sometimes.:p

9. Craftybigdog

Where do you guys order your blades from?