1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Whats the Best Form Of Advertising

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by burnsyscapes, May 31, 2010.

1. burnsyscapes

burnsyscapes LawnSite Member

What source of advertising has got you the most buisness.
    I just started this year and for the past 2 months i have only done work inside the HOA i live in. yeah its nice but it has been only enough the pay the bills.
    ANY help of adviced would be greatly appriciated.
  2. JFGauvreau

JFGauvreau LawnSite Bronze Member

The work you do is your best advertising... word of mouth is also very good.

But also I use business cards, cost me around 80$ for 1000 and I just leave them at the doors, around 1% return.
  3. ferdinand711

ferdinand711 LawnSite Member

2500 postcards for $86.95 on sale right now. tuck it in their doors or clip it on the mail box.
  4. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Dont think that your going to get out there and blow everyone outta the water.

it simply doesn't work that way.
    if you have been in business for less than a year and your paying your bills, your ahead of most start up cos.

there is NO magic way to become rich over night.

and they dont hire 20 year old Presidents...... " they just DONT "
  5. Mrs. H

Mrs. H LawnSite Senior Member

Having your number listed in the phone book. If you are already a phone company customer you can have your number listed in a one-liner in the yellow pages for free under lawncare section. Usually, if you just want a small ad it will run about $25 or $50. But in my experience, most customers went to the yellow pages first.
  6. Cutting_perfection

Cutting_perfection LawnSite Member

Google, Google, Google, and maybe yahoo
  7. meicher806

meicher806 LawnSite Senior Member

thats what i have been doing wrong? yahoo,yahoo, yahoo and then google? lol..

but really google seems to be one of our best sources short of going door to door and talking to people.
  8. OutsideImprovements

OutsideImprovements LawnSite Member

I've had pretty good luck from craigslist and it's free.
  9. mark123

mark123 LawnSite Senior Member

This year most of my new jobs came from being the first search result on google local for my city.
  10. poolboy

poolboy LawnSite Silver Member
    from earth

#1 Word of mouth is. #2 Web search (need to work on this more with us). #3 we advertise in one very local yellow page for a high end demographic.