1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Whats the best Gas powered Hedge Trimmer for the money?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cranky44, Oct 2, 2012.

1. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Never herd of them can you post a link?
  2. LawnMan19

LawnMan19 LawnSite Gold Member

Echo HC-150 or HC-152.
  3. recycledsole

recycledsole LawnSite Gold Member
    from MD

I have the stihl kombi and so far it has been very excellent. i have the 135 degree articulating attatchment and the extension, so can reach the tops of large jobs. it can cut things easily 3/4 inch and even up to 1.25 or more inches if i leave it there(not reccomended). plus with the kombi you can have alot of other attatchments. i have the km 130 R
  4. TNGrassCutter

TNGrassCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

Black and Decker has always served me well.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

http://www.vandermolencorp.com/ here is the link to windmill hedge trimmers. i used to have a dealer near. so i bought 3 hedge trimmers. one set is still brand new -never used. the other 2 sets have held up so well i never needed them. they use kawi engines so i get engine parts at my kawi dealer.
  6. LHS Lawns

LHS Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Just bought that exact set-up yesterday. Been using a buddies for the last few years and decided to go ahead and get one.

Very versatile unit with all the attachments.My dealer told me they might be coming out with a bed edger sometime soon.
  7. shieldsd

shieldsd LawnSite Member

I have a Sthil #45 and it has plenty of power and am very happy with it and it is very light to handel 24" bar is better than the 18" better balance.
  8. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

I added an Echo HC-150 last year because I wanted something smaller and lighter than my Shindaiwa 30 incher. It's been trouble free so far. It's a pretty basic, no frills unit but gets the job done. My dealer warned me that the gearbox is kind of "light" and to not abuse it and be sure to keep it greased. I think it was $279 or something in that range.
  9. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

the echo 150 is garbage as you will find out
  10. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

I think the Echo HC 150 is a good trimmer for the money, which is what the OP asked for. Perhaps you can elaborate on your opinion of the unit? It's really not very helpfull to just throw out a comment like that without being more specific, at least not to me.