1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

What's the best hand soap you've found?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by walker-talker, Jan 12, 2005.

1. kickin sum grass

kickin sum grass LawnSite Senior Member

i worked at a ford equipment dealer many many moons ago. Ford had their own brand and it was the best I have ever seen since. that dealer is gone now so I can't get it anymore. Next best seems to be napa.

2. PLI1

PLI1 LawnSite Senior Member

I use Palmolive dish soap on my hands. Maybe you all will think I am nuts, but it works for me. It is real good for getting greasy oily hands clean as well. And the best part, its cheap!

3. the scaper

the scaper LawnSite Senior Member

And it keeps your hands soft and young looking too. :D

4. jpmako

jpmako LawnSite Senior Member

I am probably going to get laughed at but I use John Deere Pumice Soap.
    Have been using it for years. It seems to work better than GOJO.

Jason

5. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

I keep a bottle of fast orange without the pumice with me all the time for handwashing. I dig that stuff.

:D

6. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

i never thought about cleaning the grease off we have no running water at my house we sometimes rub down with rubbing alcohol

7. TurfGuyTX

TurfGuyTX LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW

I use Gojo w/ pumice when it's needed. I mostly wear glove througout the day and that keeps my hands in nice shape.

8. K c m

K c m LawnSite Senior Member

If you find it. i forget what its called it comes in like a bottle that you press much like a public bathroom. The soap is made of orange peels. Works great for grease and oil hope this helps.

9. leadarrows

leadarrows LawnSite Senior Member
    from N/A

For grease I like the plan old white jell from John Deer. Don't rinse it with water just wipe it off with a towel. Two times over like that gets even the worst grease off for me. The trick is two rub some all over your hands and up your arms as high as you will be getting dirty before you start working. It forms a barrier and keeps the grease from soaking into your skin as much.
    I also like the kind with pumice from JD. I have tried all of the kinds mentioned here and they all work but I always seem to grab a can of that white jell at JD when ever I'm there. :)

Oh and as far as dish soap goes Dawn is the best and Prell shampoo for getting it out of your hair.

10. mowin at the lake

mowin at the lake LawnSite Member