1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Whats the best handheld/backback blower/vacuum around?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by The Hokie Okie, Apr 26, 2004.

1. The Hokie Okie

The Hokie Okie LawnSite Member

I'm as always guessing its a sthil, shin or echo. should I spend the money for one of these brand names or should I get a cheapy maculloh from lowes. fill me in. Thanks for any advice.

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Are you asking for homeowner use, sure go to Lowes. Are you a LCO. You should not have to ask about Lowes.
    When you ask about what is the BEST you will get 101 different answers. But most (if not all) will tell you to stay out of Lowes and HD if you want equipment that will last.
    If you want to know how people feel about a certain brand do a search on that brand/product or type of equipment.

Yes - Sthil, Echo, Shin. will all be good.
    Even if that brand is sold in HD or Lowes it is only the smallest- least powerful- and cheapest models in that line.
    Commercial equipment will be priced 2 to 3x's more than homeowner stuff but will last 2 to 3x's as long or longer. The big difference is that it will be much more productive and make your work so much easier that it will cost you a lot less overall.
  3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Echo 650-751 back pack, Tanaka hand held.
  4. The Hokie Okie

The Hokie Okie LawnSite Member

yea I have a small LCO.
  5. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

I also have a small business (13 accounts) and i bought a Stihl Br420C Magnum Backpack Blower, and it is the best piece of equipment i ever bought... Go with the stihl.. Mine is top of the line with i think 2 year warranty
  6. GrassFearsMe

GrassFearsMe LawnSite Senior Member

Wahtever you buy always buy the biggest commecial machine you can get your hands on.
  7. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

i went with the echo 650/750. i'd buy another in a heart beat.