What's the best lawn care program -- like gopher, but FOR LINUX

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by TCossuto, Jul 1, 2007.

1. TCossuto

TCossuto LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

Well, I love the way gopher works, and I'd buy the program all day long if it were linux compatable.

I hate windows, and only have a linux computer.

2. davevg

davevg LawnSite Member

Maybe it will run under wine? I run a few programs using wine. May be worth a shot.

3. screensnot

screensnot LawnSite Member
    from MI

Linux + Wine + Gopher

Dave beat me to it, but I provided a link. :)

4. TCossuto

TCossuto LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

Really? Wine? I used wine about 5 years ago and it sucked, but who knows. This is 5 years later. VM ware is nice, but can get real hard to use just one stinkin program.

Well, I'm gona give wine a try. I'll post back if it works. Thanks for the tip guys.

5. TCossuto

TCossuto LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

:\

Any ideas?

6. davevg

davevg LawnSite Member

What version/distribution of Linux? Have you updated all programs to keep them up to date?
    On CentOS or Fedora it is "yum update" on Ubuntu (And most Debian derivatives) it is "apt-get upgrade" or you can use the gui update manager.

My "main" computer is running Ubuntu Edgy. I have not had the urge to upgrade it yet to the latest version as the one I'm using has everything I need and is very stable.

If you want to see if it will work on Linux before you go changing things on your current machine try downloading the latest Ubuntu LiveCD and run it through there.

7. TCossuto

TCossuto LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

Current machine is linux... but I'm running slackware.

I guess I'll try a update.