What's the best lubricant for linkage & pivot points?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by johnwon, Nov 11, 2006.

1. johnwon

johnwon LawnSite Senior Member

Hi; was wondering what would be the best lubricant for all of those pivot points and linkage. I was thinking maybe something that won't allow dirt to stick to....like a Teflon dry spray lube???? Please share what works best for you. Thanks

2. noseha

noseha LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

Fluid Film.......

3. Dano50

Dano50 LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for the plug!

Johnwon, get in touch with me if you'd like to try Fluid Film. I see you're new on here. I'd like to get you hooked as soon as possible. :laugh:

4. khouse

khouse LawnSite Bronze Member

most of the time those points of lubrication are forgotten. Any lube is better than none and Fluid film would be great lube for that.

5. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Nothing but Fluid Film here, This stuff is awesome for many many uses. [​IMG]

6. johnwon

Thanks guys for the responce. I'm going to read about fluid film in the links here and educate myself on the product. I want to be sure it's not something that will collect dirt.
    Dano50 I'll see if I can purchase from you after I figure out what I want...I'm kind of looking for an aerosol can type. Thanks

7. Restrorob

You will find you can get it that way also, Thats Fluid Film ask for it by name !

How's that Dano ? :laugh:

8. khouse

khouse LawnSite Bronze Member

any flowing type of lube will attract dust. the only lube that won't is a dry lube like tungston powder or graphite. But these dry lubes won't hold in there and will quickly fall out. Fluid film has a greater viscosity then say wd-40 of liquid wrench. by the fact that the fluid film will hold in the joint will protect it from dust because it will set up a barrier as such. Fluid film works great and smell darn good too. Don't hesitate. Get some....

9. Restrorob

I went to the local airport last week with my Boss to perform a 50hr. service on his toy below.

[​IMG]

There are 18 ball type knuckle joints on the Rotor blade and tail blade Assembly's along with other linkages underneath. Boss asked me what would be good to lube these with, I told him.....What else but Fluid Film !!!

Yep, Every moving joint and the throttle body shafts on this Helicopter got a shot of Fluid Film.

Sorry Dano....Didn't have a camera with us, Thought about it too late. :hammerhead:

10. johnwon