1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What's the best Minitiller out there?

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Pittsburgh Panther, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Pittsburgh Panther

Pittsburgh Panther LawnSite Member
    from N.W. Pa

I will be using it for flower beds and keeping the weeds out of my garden.

Honda, Mantis, Craftsman, Hoffco(Pro Hoe? LOL)

Any feedback would be appreciated.

2. wissel_landscaping

wissel_landscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from ohio

I have allways had very good luck with mantis.
  3. LawnScenes

LawnScenes LawnSite Member

I'll second the mantis.
  4. CottonPatch

CottonPatch LawnSite Member

Try the Redmax CV225. It has the Redmax engine with the mantis tines and carries a 5 year engine warranty.
  5. Re-Ignition

Re-Ignition LawnSite Member

Honda FG110 - Quiet, powerfull, and reliable. 4 Stroke Engine.:weightlifter:
  6. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

I bought the Craftsman and took it out of the box..looked at it and put it right back in and returned it..made in China piece of CRAP.
    Mantis is the way to go.
  7. webami

webami LawnSite Member

I've had great luck with the ECHO tiller. It did suck when they put on their new 'easy pull' start on it. The only thing I have to do is keep an eye on the air filter, and I have no problems.
  8. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

9. percadae

percadae LawnSite Member

the echo is made by mantis but costs more. the stihl mm55 is nice and holds up longer, plus has different tines and a optional wieght kit.
  10. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I believe Echo cost less? And it is just fine to fool around with -these things aren't worth much. If you want to do any real tilling you have to shovel the ground loose before using these things. I won't pay big buck, the unit will be on your wall more than you use it.