Whats the best Mower?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Scag52, Apr 26, 2005.

1. Scag52

Scag52 LawnSite Member

Just wondering, what do you think is the best brand mower. I use scag and I love em.

2. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

You'll get many opinions here. Its like Dodge vs Ford vs Chevy. The best mower is the mower that works best for you and has the best dealer support in your area. thats the best mower. With that said we like Ferris. We just got a new IS 3000 ztr and we love it.

3. slicksilverado01

slicksilverado01 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Scag. the best mowers. I have a scag TC 52" cut with a 23 kaw and this spring I bought a scag TT 61" cut with 35hp LC briggs. that TT is a beast and doesnt bog down with mowing 5" of grass at 3" with double blades and mowing around 8-9 mph.

4. Adamma Landscape Group

Adamma Landscape Group LawnSite Member

I buy mowers based on performance and service.
    The best mower is the mower that produces the best mow when I set the blade right. And I can find a dealer to sell me parts or service it.
    I do not like mowers where you have to leave the machine in the shop for
    2-3 weeks.

5. Adamma Landscape Group

Adamma Landscape Group LawnSite Member

I buy mowers based on performance, reliability and service.
    The best mower to me is the mower that will produce the nicest looking lawn after setting the blade right.
    I do not like mowers where you have to leave the mower in the shop for 2 -3 to be repaired. Mowers where there is not dealer close by to buy parts. Mowers that will fail frequently while mowing. :alien:

6. slicksilverado01

slicksilverado01 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

the mower you are talking about is scag :D

7. Freshcut Lawn Care

Freshcut Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I have no idea and I am not sure anyone else really does either!

Everyone seems to have their favorites so follow Adamma's advice!

Have your dealer allow you to trial different ones and buy the one you like after weighing all the options!

Have fun!

8. David Grass

David Grass LawnSite Senior Member

yes, Best on a hill is different from best bagging is different from best ground speed is different from longest lasting is different from best in wet grass is different from safest is different from easiest to operate without carpel tunnel is different from..........................

9. duramaximizer

duramaximizer LawnSite Member

IDK but to all of those people that don't have Kubota's :p

IDK, the steiner we had was like the 430MAX and that was an awesome mower for versatility. That dumpbed on those things rocks. ours had a bagger box for the dump bed, it was also great for plowing snow. they have tons of attachments for them.

10. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

The best mower that's easy 1 that runs good and i don't have much money in.